I am pleased to announce the release of a new version of the WP Facebook Like plugin for WordPress! The plugin lets bloggers easily create a Facebook Like button for their posts. Changes from the previous version include:
- Added options for choosing to insert the button in pages and/or posts.
- Added a check to verify that the correct PHP version is used when activating. (PHP>=5 supported).
- Added settings link from the plugin list. (thanks udi86!)
- Added an automatic language detector, which is now the default. (thanks udi86!)
- Added Open Graph admins property, which will create a Facebook page for your current article.
I will go into the details of the update below, but if you are in a hurry, just download the new version, or wait for WordPress to automatically detect the new version and offer to upgrade automatically.
Options for inserting the button on posts and/or pages
There are a couple of new settings for enabling the automatic insertion of the button in pages and posts. Earlier, it was only possible to choose whether the button should appear on the front page or not. Now you can, in addition, control whether to show the button on normal posts and pages.
The new options are the first step for adding support for having the button in individual posts and pages.
Added new Open Graph headers
The new version will also insert new Open Graph headers, which are og:type and fb:admin. This lets you enter your Facebook user ID in the options, which will make you the admin of the current page. When you write a new post, just click the like button (you can unclick it right away). This will give you a page on Facebook where you can see who has liked your page and it lets you send them messages.
To get to this admin page, just select the admin link next to the like button.
Note that if you use the button_count layout, you will not see the admin link. Just go to Pages You Admin on Facebook to see all pages.
What are you waiting for? Download it now!